Re: Remove "placeholder" attribute from HTML and turn it into a CSS feature

On 30/04/2013 12:06, Ian Yang wrote:
>>From accessibility's view point, "placeholder"s' values are often
> unimportant. And they are never meant to be replacements of <label>
> elements. Inputs fields should always be well described by
> corresponding <label> elements. Even if designers decide to hide
> <label> elements, developers should still ensure <label> elements are
> properly presented to AT's users. Therefore AT's users are basically
> fine without "placeholder" text being hard coded in HTML.

This assumes a perfect world, where developers do the right thing. And
it assumes a world where designer and developer are not the same, which
is often not the case. As such, I can understand the rationale, but
would say it's a dangerous proposition...

--
Patrick H. Lauke