RE: is javascript considered good wacg 2.0 practice?

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, John Foliot wrote:

> This is NOT a human rights issues, it is a question of keeping in step with
> technology - plain and simple.

and this is where we clash swords or bang heads,

Lynx and it's variants are not obsolete or out of step  they are a way
the most recent release of lynx 2.8.7 rel 2 is still current and supported

so what is the problem with supporting and allowing others to access and
USE the web via a basic system rather than glitzed up.  I have two cars.
both will operate and get me where I want to go.  one is a 35yr old VW
still runs fine and is well maintained, the other is a fairly new Honda.

both do the same job, one is just a whole lot fancier. sure the Honda has
power windows, but the hand crank on the VW windows works just fine, and
is less likely to break and if so easier to fix.

> Nothing in the WCAG 2 Standard, nor (as far as I know, any legislation,
> Canadian or otherwise) specifically says that every software combination
> MUST successfully allow you to do everything you want to be able to do on
> the web, and to suggest otherwise is Pollyanna thinking.

NO but American law says it must be FREE and USABLE by persons with
disabilities.  yelling get with the times does not solve the problem.

we need to solve the problem, if one or a couple people here are stating
it is a problem, it is probably indicative of a much more common issue
than "get with the times"  sometimes getting with the times is a step
backwards for many people

Bob