javascript thread

From: Rachel Kane <rmksigns@eircom.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:19:49 +0000
To: w3c wai <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hey all,

just following this conversation re: javascript. For our Christmas assignment we have to build a 4 page website with HTML tags. (I get that one) and CSS for styling (I'm not sure about that one) but we also need to have;

1. A form with 4 GUI controls
2. Validation of user entry on the form using Javascript code
3. Javascript code to handle at least 4 events
4. A Javascript function

(we are using XHTML strict 1.0 for validation)

I am pretty new to programming and my previous project involved a year researching web accessibility and usability testing on mobile devices. The web authoring lecturer brushes aside my accessibility questions,( therein lies the root of a bigger problem) but it just would not feel right to build it any other way.

How do I ensure my javascript functions and forms are accessible, do I just back it up with HTML tags or is there more I can do apart from including the  "if your page is not javascript enabled..."

Thank You ,
Rachel