Re: is javascript considered good wacg 2.0 practice?

From: Ramón Corominas <listas@ramoncorominas.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 01:13:01 +0100
To: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>
CC: Michael Gower <michael.gower@ca.ibm.com>, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net>, W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
A better definition of "modern browser" would be:

"A browser that supports the latest versions of the available,
well-established technologies and standards".

Therefore, if Lynx has JavaScript support and if it supports its
well-established accessibility features, then Lynx is a modern browser,
independently of its release date.

If Lynx has no JavaScript support, or if it has no support for JS
accessibility features that exist for years, then it is not a modern
browser, even if it was released yesterday.

Using the transportation analogy: a horse born today is not a modern
vehicle; a 15-year old car (probably) is.

Regards,
Ramón.

Karen and Lynx: