is javascript considered good wacg 2.0 practice?

From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:33:10 -0500 (EST)
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I ask for two reasons.
I believe there is a difference between java script, and the use of script
buttons that require a physical mouse click.  I am in a dispute with bell the
telecommunications company in Canada.
They have made two claims,
first that testing with firefox and chrome equal full accessibility,
and second, that the use of java script  represents wacg 2.0 compliance.
My point to them referencing   several  script button, which to the best of my
knowledge is not the same thing.
  what say you?
first is it enough to test a site with firefox and chrome to insure access in
terms of the guidelines,
second, are java script and the use of script buttons that need a mouse click
he same thing?
and third, if not, as i suspect, how can I articulate this clearly?
What I  would appreciate is   the sort of answer that is detailed enough for me
to include in my reply to the company's latest communication.

thanks in advance,

Karen