Re: Accessible CSS / JS Bootstrap framework

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 23:17:52 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Ian Sharpe wrote:
> Does anyone know of a fully accessible CSS / JS bootstrap framework
> similar to twitter bootstrap for example please? Or is twitter bootstrap
> itself fully accessible?
I hadn't come across the term before, so I googled it.  It doesn't
appear to be generic term, but simply part of the name of the "twitter"
product.  If that is right, you need to provide a generic definition.

Unfortunately, the Wikipedia article didn't enlighten me as to the
defining characteristics.  In particular, I couldn't find any
description of how it constrained, or for that matter, abused, HTML.

The Wikipedia example didn't appear to accessible, but I don't know if
that is because it allows bad practice or forces it (I was looking at
how it used label).  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter_Bootstrap>

I would suspect pages don't work well CPU load) on older PCs, but it is
possible they degrade well when the scripting is disabled.
David Woolley