Re: Question about SC 1.3.3 (A) Instructions

From: Rabab Gomaa <Rabab.Gomaa@inspection.gc.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:25:06 -0400
To: "Michael S Elledge" <elledge@msu.edu>, "'WAI Interest Group list'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "Graham Lee Pierce" <glpierce@msu.edu>, "Sarah Swierenga" <sswieren@msu.edu>
Hi Michael,

That`s true. 1.3.3 is about the content of a web page, e.g. images, text, form instruction.
As for the cake preparation video, both 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 apply.

Rabab

>>> Michael S Elledge <elledge@msu.edu> 10/29/2012 11:08 am >>>
Hi Everyone--

I'm reviewing a website that contains an audio-video movie describing
how to make a cake (for example).

Am I correct to assume that 1.3.3 refers onlyto instructions about how
to use a feature of a website itself (such as filling in a form) rather
than instructions on how, for example, to make a cake? It seems to me
that information related to the video would be covered by 1.2.2
(captions) and 1.2.3 (descriptions).

Is that correct, or am I misunderstanding this?

Many thanks!

Mike

--
Michael S. Elledge