Re: Fixed: How do you use aria-hidden on modal dialogs?

Excellent, with the newly released version of NVDA beta, aria-hidden works perfectly in IE, FF, and Chrome, so modal dialogs can be made modal without accidentally impeding navigation via role=dialog as seen with the earlier referenced lightbox.

  ----- Original Message -----
  Subject: Fixed: How do you use aria-hidden on modal dialogs?

  Never mind, I got it.

  I've updated the Lightbox template at
  http://whatsock.com/modules/standard_dynamic_control_templates/demo.htm
    to do this automatically.

    Tested successfully using:
    Voiceover using iOS Safari.
    JAWS 12 and 13 using Firefox and Chrome.
    JAWS 13 using IE 8 and 9.

    It doesn't look like NVDA supports aria-hidden in any of these browsers, which is a bug worth reporting.

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Bryan Garaventa
    To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
    Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 4:35 PM
    Subject: How do you use aria-hidden on modal dialogs?

    Hi,
    I'm not referring to role=dialog or anything like that.

    Take the following syntax:

    Lots of content here
    dialog content

    I have a mobile app with a page like this, and I'm trying to hide the background text so that only the dialog is visible to Voiceover in Safari.

    So I tried the following:

    Lots of content here
    dialog content

    Yet, according to the discussion at
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2012May/0017.html
    This is incorrect.

    What is the correct method for doing this?

    Thanks,
    Bryan