Re: Gradient buttons

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:05:14 +0400, Andrey Mironov <andrey.mir@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Does gradient buttons in web application comply with WCAG accessibility
> rules? We are working on high contrast mode for web application
> >(similar to high contrast theme in Microsoft Windows). In default mode
> we are using buttons with gradients. Can we keep them or plain colors
> >only should be used? Are there any guidelines for that?

Hi Andrey,

you should look at the discussion starting with this message:
<http://www.w3.org/mid/85F5A76F-421F-44AB-87D3-2B54961C963B@w3.org>

Complex or very wide gradients might be a real issue by making it much
harder to read, but slight gradients are probably not a problem in
themselves.

cheers

Chaals