From: Christian Biggins [mailto:cbiggins@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 13 September 2012 2:54 PM
To: Vivienne CONWAY
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Invisible elements for additional link text

Hi Vivienne,

Because designers are anally retentive and very picky. It was purely from an aesthetic point of view. I personally wanted the text visible and that was the task that I had assigned.

While I agree with you that links should be descriptive and that its for able bodied people as well as disabled, this information on the site we are working on is clearly visible and context is apparent. I personally see this as very much a 'grey' area - its perfectly accessible now to both visually impaired (with assistance) and non visually impaired.

I'm not sure what happened to the other email I received about this, but I cant find it now. It was regarding dragon software. I havent tested this with anything yet and the basis of my argument is from the info on the Webaim site.

I am not swinging one way or the other, just trying to obtain peoples opinions.

Thanks!

Christian Biggins