Invisible elements for additional link text

From: Christian Biggins <cbiggins@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:03:23 +1000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi Guys,

I requested one of our designers make our 'read more' links more descriptive to include things like 'read more about article title' and his response was to have;

I know that the WebAIM guys are ok with invisible text for adding additional information for descriptive technologies, I was wondering what everybody elses opinions were.

Reference; http://webaim.org/articles/gonewild/#hidden

Christian Biggins