Word Wrap problem with AFB Access World

From: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:46:29 -0700
To: W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
AFB uses a table layout for its Access World Newsletter.  This one has lots
of TD-elements in a header with the article columns below.  When you
enlarge text-only the small TD-elements on top get long and blow the
article off the right.  This is also true for the "print-friendly" format.

You can use the style sheet below to get a decent word wrap.  It ain't
perfect.  I would not apply it until  I have the article I want loaded and
in print-friendly mode.  The layout table structure is much more manageable
in print-friendly mode.
I made a few adjustments for readability.  The main was to set a max-width
limit on TD-elements of 900px.  Now don't get all worried about usng %
instead of px.  Accommodation tools use fixed measures, accessible content
uses relative measures.

To use this, I recommend Safari.  Alternative style sheets are easiest to
manage on Safari.  Just go to preferences > advanced > style sheet and
choose the code below.  Now, the resulting page will be hard to navigate.
It will be a table that is blown all out of shape... BUT the article you
want to read is in one column that will fit on a screen horizontally. If
you need help call or email me Wayne Dick, 562-256-4458.  Please watch time
zones.  I'm late to rise and early to bet.

/* Default preferences */
html   {background-color: #FFFAF5 !important;
        color:  #000000 !important;
        font-size: 36px!important;
        line-height: 1.3 !important;
        width: 1180px !important;
}
html  * {background-color: inherit !important;
        color: inherit !important;
        font-size: 1em !important;
        line-height: inherit!important;
        position: static !important;
}
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    font-family: "Comic Sans MS" !important;
    font-size: 0.95em !important;
}
a:link {color: #103075 !important;}
a:visited {color: #046D39 !important;}