From: accessys@smart.net [accessys@smart.net]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 August 2012 11:45 PM
To: wed@csulb.edu
Cc: Morten Tollefsen; Brian Cragun; Adam Cooper; Harry Loots; Patrick H. Lauke; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: what do I use.?

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Wayne Dick wrote:
> I am going to start a new tread called. What do you use for
> accommodation?  How does it apply to accessibility?
>
> Wayne

1. I use linux so I can control how it works completel/y
2. for mail etc I use plain text mailer such as Pine or Alpine
3. for web I prefer again plain text such as lynx but now days so few
websites will run on plain text it is criminal.
4. so I will if neccesary muddle thru websites I must see in a modified
version of firefox. usually I skip em, thank goodness W3C/WAI works well
in lynx.
5. I haven't found the perfect screen reader yet, eMACspeak is powerful
but complex and can be clunky at times.
6. Orca is fun but basically a toy etc. etc etc...
7. am cheap and a bit of a iconoclast so won't use proprietary anythings
8. for office stuff I have the Libre office suite, not perfect but getting
there.

how do we find the tool that can be all things to all users???  I know I
dream.

who's next. this could be interesting

Bob

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B