Fra: Brian Cragun [mailto:cragun@us.ibm.com]
Sendt: 14. august 2012 15:45
Til: Morten Tollefsen
Kopi: Adam Cooper; Harry Loots; Patrick H. Lauke; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Emne: Re: SV: in-page text-to-speech

Morten,

Can you please provide a reference to the Swedish standard you speak of?
And, is it just a recommendation or a standard?

Regards,

Brian

________________________________

  <http://www.ibm.com/able>

Brian Cragun
IBM AbilityLab Consultant
IBM Master Inventor
IBM Research
Tel: 720-663-2801
E-mail: cragun@us.ibm.com

  <http://www.ibm.com/able>

  <http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/2419815/eml-grp-sub/>

  <http://www.facebook.com/IBMAccessibility>

  <http://twitter.com/IBMAccess>

________________________________

From:        "Morten Tollefsen" <morten@medialt.no>
To:        "Harry Loots" <harry.loots@ieee.org>, "Adam Cooper"
<cooperad@bigpond.com>,
Cc:        "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>,
<w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Date:        08/14/2012 05:19 AM
Subject:        SV: in-page text-to-speech

________________________________

Hi, Harry!

I totally agree.

In some new Swedish guidelines for web developments (only public
authorities have to follow these) accessibility is one of the
categories. The first guideline say: follow WCAG 2. The other 43
accessibility guidelines cover forms, languages, links and other things.
In one of the guidelines it is stated that talking websites are
required! I was quite surprised when I read this! If I counted
correctly, 33 of the 44 guidelines in the accessibility section are also
found under usabilityJ!

Morten