Re: Limit on the links in a page

From: Chaals McCathieNevile <w3b@chaals.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:00:30 +0200
To: "Andy Mabbett" <andy@pigsonthewing.org.uk>, accessys@smart.net
Cc: "W3C WAI ig" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:19:06 +0200, <accessys@smart.net> wrote:

> a 21 page document
> with 5 pages of links and
> 21 pages of foot notes.
>
> some of my college proffesors would have been impressed
> but I think there has to be a better way.

Often there is a better way. But (as Harry Loots' recent question about
keyboard access shows) also many people can't, or won't, figure out that
better way. There are some cases where that is because it is a really
complex problem - but a lot more where it is a simple, known issue.

> very confusing though trying to read it.

Hence "understandable" as a principle of WCAG...

> interesting article once I figured out how to read it, but
>
> couldn't there have been a tree structure.
> (footnotes)
> (links) then click thru to the items ???

Possibly. Are you volunteering to do the work that makes it happen?

cheers

Chaals

--
Chaals - standards declaimer