Re: WCAG 2.0 and JAWS

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:20:55 +0100
To: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>
Cc: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
hi karen,

>This frankly is due to little effort on anyone uniform part to bridge the
gap information wise.

There is lots of effort on the part of lots of people, a good deal of which
is co-ordinated via the W3C.

Specifications and standards are not generally written by the "W3C" they
are written by members of the standards community , the W3C provides
resources to facilitate the devlopment. The W3C is not designed to or
portrays itself as an organization that delivers answers on a plate.
It is an organization that provides a framework for a wide range of
stakeholders to participate in developing the standards and guidance the
web communities need.

If you see a need get involved, that's what many people do, largely on a
voluntary basis.

regards
Steve

--