Jelly Bean accessibility info request

From: Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:15:13 +1000
To: "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi

I am trying to learn the accessibility features in the Google 7 Nexus tablet
which uses Jelly Bean. The Talkback screen reader and explore by touch seem
pretty good (and much better than earlier Andriods), but I am experiencing
great inconsistencies in how they handle different sites and apps. For
example I am finding Twitter hard (almost impossible) to use, but Gmail is
fine.

Also, there does not appear to be a lot of information about using Jelly
Bean Talkback, although this video by TV Raman and the Google team is pretty
useful - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3HliaMjL38
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3HliaMjL38&feature=plcp> &feature=plcp

Anyone got any suggestions about where I can find some more practical
information and demonstrations about using Jelly Bean talk back.

Thanks

Roger

Roger Hudson

Web Usability