Re: WCAG 2.0 and JAWS

On 24/07/2012 17:32, Ryan Jean wrote:
> I’m not sure how to ask this, but does JAWS have a limit for meeting the
> criteria for WCAG 2.0? In other words, does JAWS 12.0 meet the criteria?
> 11.0? 10.0? So forth? How far back do we not have to worry about the
> criteria and assume the user has an “at least” version xx.0? Same
> question for internet browser? IE9, IE8, IE7…?

Your question is confusing two concepts: JAWS/IE/etc are User Agents,
and you're asking how they meet the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines? That doesn't make sense. WCAG specifically deals with how
content should be authored, not what user agents should do with it. For
that, you need to look at UAAG (User Agent Accessibility Guidelines).

Patrick H. Lauke