Re: Using ARIA in HTML

From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 02:33:26 -0700
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>

On Jul 2, 2012, at 2:29 AM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have published a draft of a practical guide for developers:
> Using ARIA in HTML
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/aria-unofficial/raw-file/tip/index.html
>
> feedback welcome!

I think this heading is a little confusing:
Use default ARIA semantics?

Does a NO here mean it doesn't use the default semantics? If so, what does that even mean? Perhaps you meant to call it "Use additional ARIA semantics" or something to that effect.

I might instead phrase it:
Should authors explicitly define ARIA attributes and/or role?

You might note *why* you said YES on form. I assume it's because of the ARIA landmark benefit. Ditto for other landmarks like nav/navigation, etc.

Looks good. Thanks for putting this together.