onscreen font sizes

From: Adam Cooper <cooperad@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 10:22:12 +1100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi everyone ...

I am seeking a tool for calculating on screen font sizes that takes viewport
size, resolution, monitor pitch, browser defaults,  and specified font sizes
etc. into consideration ... something whereby I can enter these variables,
crank the handle, and come up with a result that provides a useful
comparison to printed font sizes. Does anyone know of this holy grail?
Cheers,
Adam