Re: youtube accessibility

Very great question.  I go additionally.  which screen reader using which
platform under which circumstances?  accessing what video type content?
You write  as if " your two students represent the entire group of people
with a vision range starting at 20/200 down to the very smallest group
0/0..only 5% of that population.
your test is great for two people, but this by no means indicates it
works for anyone else.
again  I keep wondering why the focus is not more on very good test /
construction packages.  Ways for site producers to create content, even
video content that can be used across the board..without them having to
find a token blind person and project that function onto an entire
population, more than likely leaving 95% of that group out in the first
place.
Seriously though BASIC tools and utilities that inform someone what their
site is doing now, and how to fix it.  how to create css environments so the
safer yet java script friendly browsers like links and elinks can still
function. etc.
  With more and more smaller outfits doing their site and video work, they
need tools that make the rules well make sense.
not using jargon so to speak, but asking simple questions like, do you ant
to include some 25% or the population in your possible market?  tone
estimate of those who could be using screen readers, with  learning
disabilities, not
sight loss.  or substitute the members those over 40 who still have
buying power, but are using something else for maganification.
  Karen