Re: EARL

Hi Catherine,

Interesting use case. Indeed, EARL is designed to express any kind of
test results but I must admit that we have not been looking at that
particular use case. I'm not sure why it should not work though.

EARL was published as a Last Call Working Draft and seems to be fairly
stable. The responsible working group, ERT WG, is currently gathering
test suites to be able to enter Candidate Recommendation stage. Please
find an overview of these W3C document development stages:
  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/w3c-process>

As to your question, the Test Result class in EARL has ordinal values
passed, failed, can't tell, not applicable, and not tested, as well as
literal (text) description of the error, additional information, and the
date of when the test was carried out:
  - <http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10/#TestResult>

Hope this helps!

Best,