Re: Evaluating an iframe-based website

Hi Ramon--

When we evaluate sites we treat the frames as separate pages, and the iFrame wrapper has its own identity. You'll also need to review the entire page (wrapper + iFrame) together, however, so you can evaluate their interaction.

Btw, you've already identified one failure on the site that is a common problem with frame-based websites: that the page title doesn't change to reflect page content.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Michael S. Elledge
Associate Director,
Usability/Accessibility Research and Consulting
Michigan State University
Kellogg Center
219 S. Harrison Road Rm. 93
East Lansing, MI 48824