How to unsubscribe (was: UPDATE suggested alternatives to accessible version)

Inga Kovalevskaya wrote:

> I'd like to unsubscribe from this forum.
> Could you please organise it for me?

Like nearly all such mailing lists, un-subscription, like subscription
is a self service process.  You will have received instructions on how
to do it when you first subscribed, but if you have lost them, they are
summarised in the headers of every message on the list (also standard
current practice), thus:

I.e.  you send a message to the list name, with "-request" appended,
with "unsubscribe" as the subject.  The only other common convention for
non-marketing lists is to send plain text email with "unsubscribe" at
the start of the message.

If this fails, and the only normal reason for this is that your email
address has changed and mail is being forwarded to a new address, the
standard convention is that mail to <listname>-owner will reach the
human responsible for maintaining the list, who is not necessarily
reading the list themselves.

The headers also describe how to obtain help:

 > Dear w3c Customer Service Support Team.

I doubt there is such a thing, and you are not their customer.  It is
likely that only one person is responsible for maintaining the list.

--
David Woolley