Van: Adam Cooper [mailto:cooperad@bigpond.com]
Verzonden: vrijdag 17 februari 2012 23:59
Aan: 'Priti'; 'Roger Hudson'
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Onderwerp: RE: UPDATE suggested alternatives to accessible version

"disable friendly version" = "render friendly version inoperative". . I
recall a ludicrous incident attempting to navigate a revolving door with a
white cane only to be 'assisted' by a well-meaning passer-by who directed me
to the "disabled door" to which I unthinkingly replied "but if it's
disabled, how will I get through it?"

perhaps providing a compliant version using an appropriate stylesheet might
be preferable to providing an entirely distinct version? In which case,
something like 'switch to plain view' or view 'basic layout' might suit as
this is the purpose of the link?

universal design is the holy grail , however, as many have already pointed
out.

My two cents worth ...