RE: any suggested alternatives to accessible version

Hi Roger,
"From previous research I know that many web users do not understand what the term "accessible" means when it comes to web content. This appears to be particularly the case with older users of the web."
Srini: Users don't need to understand the term "accessible" it is developers, designers and product owners who need to understand. Just building awebsite that comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines should work for all. If you are building older_browsers - I don't mean, older_users, then you should use authoring tools that work on those browsers. Let me know, if you have any specific case.

"I am trying to come up with options for the wording of a link to an accessible version of a page (or application). Desperate to see if there is anything better than "accessible version"."
Srini: If you are forced for such a version, ever, may be you can word as "simplified version" or "classic version". Having said, that I love to have one version for all.

Makes sense?
-Srini

Regards,
Srinivasu Chakravarthula

Senior Manager, Inclusive Design, Yahoo!

Let's create an inclusive world!
Yahoo! Accessibility Blog<http://accessibility.yahoo.com/> | Yahoo! Accessibility Code Library<http://yaccessibilityblog.com/library/>

e-mail: srinivu@yahoo-inc.com<mailto:srinivu@yahoo-inc.com> im: vasugroupmails twitter: @vasutweets
direct 918030774332    mobile 919900810881
Yahoo! Accessibility on Twitter<http://twitter.com/yahooaccess> | Me on Twitter<http://twitter.com/VasuTweets> | Me on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/srinivasuc> | My virtual home<http://www.srinivasu.org/>
I am trying to come up with options for the wording of a link to an accessible version of a page (or application). Desperate to see if there is anything better than "accessible version".

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

roger

Roger Hudson