From: accessible@googlegroups.com [mailto:accessible@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Dominic Mazzoni
Sent: 08 February 2012 15:52
To: accessible@googlegroups.com
Cc: free-aria; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org; WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: Re: If you use the WAI-ARIA role "application", please do so
wisely!

Marco's advice on using role=application is good, but note that Gmail
doesn't actually use role=application. The underlying Gmail problem reported
in this article looks like a new bug that only affects NVDA+FIrefox, when
Gmail's keyboard shortcuts are enabled. If you use JAWS+Firefox, NVDA+IE, or
if you switch off Gmail's keyboard shortcuts, everything works as it did
before. We're still investigating why NVDA+Firefox behaves differently.

- Dominic