Re: Accessible styled input type="file" and select boxes

Hello Devarshi,

thanks for your answer.

Am 12.01.2012 22:23, schrieb Devarshi Pant:
>> Hi Marc -- You raise an interesting point. As I know this, the<input
>> type = "file">  adds a text field and an upload button combination,
>> and when you run a screen reader like JAWS, it identifies these as
>> 'edit' and 'button' type fields. I think it becomes an issue when
>> both the controls share the same title attribute.

That's not my point...

A form which uses input type="file" should not be a problem for JAWS or
other screen readers.

> Furthermore, am not sure what you imply by 'accessible styled' in your
> subject line.

The input Eement with the type file can not be styled like other
elements. I mean grafical styling, like changing size, position, font,
shape and so on.

There are some techniques out there using JavaScript to hide these
Elements and replace them with text fields and buttons. These solutions
normally can not be used by people without a mouse or using a screen
reader.

Greetings,
Marc