Re: title attributes on links

Hi Jon
you wrote:

"The HTML 5 Working Draft text" useful to provide a link citing, the text
is obsolete refer to Editor's Draft 30 May 2012
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/global-attributes.html#the-title-attribute

 The title attribute represents advisory information for the element, such
> as would be appropriate for a tooltip. On a link, this could be the title
> or a description of the target resource; on an image, it could be the image
> credit or a description of the image; on a paragraph, it could be a
> footnote or commentary on the text; on a citation, it could be further
> information about the source; on interactive content, it could be a label
> for, or instructions for, use of the element; and so forth. The value is
> text.

 in case of the footnote, the spec used to include advice on providing
footnotes using the title attribute i got it nixed [1] as it was
inappropriate given title's lack of keyboard support.

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/notitle_annotations

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner