Re: Using Heading to Replace Skip Links

On 12/05/2012 10:59, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> On 12/05/2012 10:51, Russ Weakley wrote:
>> Like this example which is activated on focus (becomes visible when
>> "tabbed")?
>> http://maxdesign.com.au/jobs/example-skip/03.htm
>>
>> This method does not work well with Opera, which has it's own keyboard
>> tab paradigm :)
>
> Interesting. That's a failing in Opera's handling...let's see if we can
> get that changed.

Filed a bug (though, as we don't currently have an open bug tracker,
you've got to trust me on that ;) ). Incidentally, using CTRL+UP/DOWN
(Opera's current tab paradigm) it seems you can get to that skip link,
just not as the first tab stop. Doing a CTRL+DOWN (focus on "Home") and
then a CTRL+UP makes the skip link appear. Same when cycling through all
visible links with CTRL+DOWN, you eventually get back to the start of
the document and again the skip link becomes visible. So it seems that
Opera ignores the off-screen/hidden link when determining what the first
tab stop should be...

Cheers for pointing that out, hadn't come across that.

Patrick H. Lauke