Re: H65: Using the title attribute to identify form controls when the label element cannot be used

Hi Phil

you wrote:
"My question is, is this sufficient to meet the various success criteria? I
kind of assumed that it wouldn't be, but when I tested with IE9 and JAWS12
it seemed to work just the same as if the title attribute was directly on
the form element."

This method does not provide an accessible name for the input i.e. if you
check the accessible name for the input using an inspect tool such as
Aviewer [1] the input has no name property value in MSAA or IA2
accessibility APIs.

checked NVDA with IE9 does not announce label.

[1] http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2011/06/aviewer-beta-updated/

regards
stevef

--