Accessibility Legend tags used in forms

From: Sami Hoang <samih@thegrandunion.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 12:16:08 +0100
To: W3C WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hello,

I have requested a fellow developer to include legend tags in the forms we have on the web pages we are developing. The developer has refused and commented with 'this is old html'. Is this correct considering legend tags are still useful for accessibility? Would I be able to get any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Sami

Sami Hoang
Junior QA Tester

t: +44 (0)20 7952 0775
f: +44 (0)20 7908 0701
Moray House
23-31 Great Titchfield Street
London, W1W 7PA
www.thegrandunion.com<http://www.thegrandunion.com/>
[cid:image001.png@01CD2D14.59515270]

DISCLAIMER NOTICE: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Grand Union Limited unless specifically stated. This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact Grand Union and delete this file from your computer. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus, we cannot be held responsible for any viruses transmitted with this email and any such attachments.

image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)