Re: Example of accessible CAPTCHAS that work well

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:24:45 -0600
To: Denis Boudreau <dboudreau@accessibiliteweb.com>
Cc: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
This March 2011 article is worth reading
http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2011/03/04/in-search-of-the-perfect-captcha/

several alternatives to CAPTCHAS discussed.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,

From:   Denis Boudreau <dboudreau@accessibiliteweb.com>
To:     "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Cc:     w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Date:   11/17/2011 12:39 PM
Subject:        Re: Example of accessible CAPTCHAS that work well

Hello all,

On 2011-11-17, at 12:24 PM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

> On 17/11/2011 16:12, Ginger Claassen wrote:
>> Regarding accessible CAPTCHAS I found a very few so far where one has
>> solve a very simple mathmatical question e.g. How much is 3 + 4?
>> In my opinion that is quite accessible or do I oversee something here?
>
> Could it pose problems for users with cognitive disabilities? And
generally just weird out users ("why is this website asking me this?") and
require lengthy explanation? My mum would be left wondering, anyway...

Not only that, but the easier those equations are, the easier bots can
crack them too. So we're rapidly back to square one.

/Denis