Re: captioning question

Lisa / Richard,

The idea is intriguing, and your work could help users create a mental model
of an image printed off from a web page, or, when using this software, it is
uploaded to a webpage. There was a question that Lisa posted sometime back
regarding the use of tactile graphics. Although I think an embosser will
print out any image from the web (and correct me if am wrong), as testers,
we should be able to assess the output with a mouse over (as suggested by
Lisa) on an image, without sending it to a printer. Of course, the testing
procedure needs to be defined, and if it works, it could help users. Some
other questions I have:

1.   Can we have the alt text added to the embossed output?

2.   Is there a browser add-in that sonifies the image?

Apologies if my response changes the course or the intent of the original
post.

Thanks,

Devarshi