Google working to improve its accessibility (fwd)

From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:22:17 -0400 (EDT)
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
sharing as this may be of interest to many  Google is a major player, and
if they  remain committed to wai guidelines, it serves as fine free
motivation for other companies to come on board.
I can confirm the registration  process is very accessible.

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:59:18 -0700
Subject: Google working to improve its accessibility

Google is announcing work that is in progress to increase the accessibility
of its products. The announcement says:
we hope these improvements will make it easier to use our products.
To answer your questions and discuss how our accessibility updates affect
blind users, we*d like to invite you to join us for a webinar on September
21.  We will be focusing on updates for Google Docs, Google Sites and
Google Calendar.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 12:00pm-1:00pm PT
Sign up here<

To learn more about accessibility features in Google Apps, please visit our
help center

For information more generally about using Google products with screen
readers, how to send us feedback and how to track our progress, visit

It's never too late to become what you might have been. George Eliot
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.  Christopher Reeve
Norman Coombs norm.coombs@gmail.com

Making Online Teaching Accessible: Inclusive Course Design for Students
with Disabilities by Norman Coombs published by Jossey-Bass Oct 10,2010