Browser display size statistics

From: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 20:51:17 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
As part of our conversation on 1.4.4 I wanted to provide some additional
statistics.

W3Schools keeps track of browser stats for their site.  One of these stats
is display resolution.    Over the past ten years the resolution has
increase.   I believe that while a large part of this is technology directly
allowing for higher resolution, it also has a lot to do with the size of
monitors increasing as the cost of large monitors decreases.

Keep in mind that these stats are from one specific site and likely do not
represent the average web users.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

It appears that my screen resolution is in the 0 percentile!

Jonathan