Re: Success criteria 1.4.4

From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:19:16 -0400
CC: W3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On 2011/08/18 17:32 (GMT+1000) Neil King composed:

> We have ongoing discussions within my team as to whether relative text
> size is still required for public websites as you cannot determine if the
> user agents used the public will not be IE 6 or Firefox 2 (success
> criteria 1.4.4). So if a site renders well when zoomed by the user agent
> is that sufficient?

Why should users have to zoom? Don't you think it rude to require users to do
something other than land on a page for it to be usable?

Zoom is a defense mechanism provided by browsers. It shouldn't be necessary,
but is nevertheless a required browser feature as a consequence of rampant
offensive web site design.

WCAG is grossly deficient for by not addressing inducing need to resize,
implying resizability alone is sufficient.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/