Re: Accessible content management system

Hi all,

Just a very small contribution, as I don't use CMS at all:

> As does Plone which also looks very good.

Is this true? I have not used Plone from the developer point of view,
but a website which I visit regularly uses Plone. If I feed pages frmo
that website to the W3C HTML validator they fail -- only a couple of
relatively minor errors, but nonetheless I (naively?) would hope that a
CMS which aspires to serve accessible content will at least provide
valid content.

As a side issue, which you're probably all aware of, no CMS could ever
guarantee accessibilty on its own. For example, a (plone-based) site I
have used chose red on green as its colour scheme; ignoring that fact
that red/green colour-blindness (very common) would render the page
unusable!

Phil

--
-------------------------

Phil Evans,
Swift Development Scientist
X-ray and Observational Astronomy Group,
University of Leicester

Tel: +44 (0)116 252 5059
Mobile: +44 (0)7780 980240
pae9@star.le.ac.uk