button not implemented...explanation?

From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:08:34 -0400 (EDT)
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
forgive the untidy subject line.
button input not implemented?
I am seeking something that explains why this message occurs, and how a
given site might shift  this towards accessibility.  When I meet with
these, I find them to be script buttons, which sometimes work with e-links
or links, sometimes not.  A given that lynx cannot manage them.
When in e-links or links too, they may define as harmless buttons as well.
This may have been touched on before, so forgive the question if covered
elsewhere.
thanks,
Karen