Re: Tables Accessibility Question About TBODY Tag

From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:51:10 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On Jul 21, 2011, at 9:14 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> I don't know of any AT that recognize or make use of tbbody tfoot or thead elements.

THEAD and TFOOT are commonly used by browsers that repeating (on each printed page) the head and foot of tables that span multiple pages. This is a mainstream browser feature, so it does not fit into the typical definition of assistive technology, but it does contribute to the PERCEIVABLE and UNDERSTANDABLE principles of WCAG 2.0. I don't know of any special feature of TBODY.