ICT accessibility on the municipal level

From: catherine <ecrire@catherine-roy.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 18:35:37 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi,

I am researching accessibility on a municipal level and I would like to
hear about accessibility initiatives regarding cities and municipal or
regional government. We hear a lot about accessibility concerning larger
scale administrations (federal, state or provincial depending on your zip
code) but not a lot about what is happening locally. Aside from the
standard accessibility statement, can anyone offer examples of cities that
have, for example, included accessibility of ICTS or online information
and services in their charters? Or cities that have adopted and enacted
policies that benefit people with disabilities in that regard?

Searching the Web, I came across this European initiative that awards
cities that have championed accessibility for people with disabilities in
the urban environment and one of their criteria was ICTs.

http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=882&langId=en

Thanks in advance,

Catherine
--