Re: 2.1.1 keyboard - clarification

In my experience, this is rather subjective, as when we have done user testing, there are three things at play - meeting the WCAG, best practices for Usability/UI/UX and good old end user preferences. And within the realms of WCAG/Accessibility, there are the issues of browser comparability (at this juncture, primarily IE6) and also the interoperability issues between the ways that different screen readers render HTML and the nuances between the different browsers, screen readers and Accessibility API's.

I read a really interesting piece that I think will aid the discussion:
http://www.dingoaccess.com/accessibility/accessing-nav-drop-downs/

There are also sme good comments to provide further food for thought.

Sandi

Sent from my iPad

Sandi Wassmer
Copious Ltd / digital agency
t: 020 8446 3806
m: 07808 887 201
e: sandi@copious.co.uk
w: www.copious.co.uk

Read Sandi's Action for Blind People Blog:
www.actionforblindpeople.org.uk/news/blog

Follow Sandi on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/SandiWassmer

Follow Copious on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/copious

Company Registration number: 4213718
VAT Registration Number 774 4416 14

If you receive this e-mail in error please notify the sender by replying using the words Misdirected E-mail in the subject, and then delete the message and any attachments from your system.