Re: Costs of Accessibility?

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 00:34:51 +0100, Sandi Wassmer <sandi@copious.co.uk>
wrote:

> Although I run a web design agency based in London, fluctuating exchange
> rate issues aside, these are the "loaded" questions that I am
> consistently asked and am loathe to answer broadly as these vary from
> project to project based on...[stuff]
>
> As a rule of thumb, the creation of a standards compliant, accessible
> website should be the expectation that any client should have...
>
> However, in order to provide some sort of table of indices, may I
> suggest to set out a few different scenarios and provide associated cost
> ranges in order to demonstrate the sliding scale from a static HTML site
> to a transactional website that also captures personal sensitive data
> and a few other types in between?
>
> I would be more than happy to throw some ideas together into a
> spreadsheet if this would be useful.

Yeah, I think this is actually an extremely useful exercise. Ideally,
finding some real projects and putting together some real costs would show
the sort of thing that is required.

I realise this is also a non-trivial amount of work, since the data starts
as being commercial-in-confidence and is probably not accounted for in the
way we are hoping to see it.

cheers

Chaals