Re: Blank Pages & Screen Readers

From: Madeleine Rothberg <madeleine_rothberg@wgbh.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:46:01 -0400
To: William R Williams <wrwilliams@fs.fed.us>, Post WAI list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Others may have better technical answers (and Leonie has given you one data
point already) but this sounds to me like someone misunderstood some good
advice and turned it backwards. I wouldn't be surprised if what they were
told was that they *shouldn't* insert a blank page in the middle of a
document because a screen reader user might think that was the end of the
content and never read the rest. But that got changed into thinking that
they *should* put a blank page at the end, because then a screen reader user
would know it was the end.

-Madeleine

--
Madeleine Rothberg
Carl and Ruth Shapiro Family National Center for Accessible Media at WGBH