From: Yann Hoog
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 6:09 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: testing Web Page Accessibility in respect to a student essay

Hello

My name is Yann Hoog and I am a student at the univerity of St.
Gallen, Switzerland, in management & economics. I am currently

writing an essay on a project in order to maybe improve the
accessibility of our online study platform regarding only disabled
people with visual problems. I am not trying to improve our Web Page
because this will considerably increase the area of the study. It is
more likely in my interest to examine the different problems that
could result out of this study.

I have spent a lot of time on the W3C in order to find a way to test
our Web page, called http://www.unisg.ch/, on its accessibility regarding
people with visual disabilities. But I find difficult to understand
all the issues that follow the testing. Indeed I have tried to use an
automatic test but the results are for me very hard to understand,
since I am not an expert. I need to know if the hompage of the University

of St. Gallen meets the guidelines of the WAI or not. If it does not,

I need to be able to explain where there is a lack of conformity and why.

What I am trying to tell you is, could you, if you are the right
person to such a question, indicate me how to quickly and efficiently
test a Web page based on the WCAG 2.0 and how to interpate the
testing?

Kind Regards,

Yann Hoog

Student