Re: Text in background images from CSS

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for providing such a detailed example of the difficulties you face
as a low vision user. This will help me convince those who need convincing
that accessibility is about more than screen reader users.

My understanding is that while an author's CSS will override a user's CSS
most of the time, this is not the case when it comes to !important. Here is
a quote from the CSS 2 specification: "Both author and user style sheets may
contain "!important" declarations, and user "!important" rules override
author "!important" rules."

You can read about this and view their example at
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/cascade.html#important-rules.

It seems that the browser you are using has incorrectly implemented the
cascade rules. Which browser and OS are you using?

Thanks,
Sofia