Re: Help With Examples Of Accessible Videos

From: Kal Gieber <kal_gieber@wgbh.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:16:46 -0400
To: "Homme, James" <james.homme@highmark.com>
CC: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi James,

NCAM (The Carl and Ruth Shapiro National Center for Accessible Media at WGBH) has a Flash-based video player called ccPlayer which has keyboard and screen-reader accessible controls. You can see the player in use on the U.S. Census Bureau's site. Here's a link to an example of one of their videos:
http://2010.census.gov/mediacenter/spread-message/census-on-campus/why-do-i-fill-out-the-census.php

You can also find information and tools for creating captions and other accessible content on the NCAM site:
http://ncam.wgbh.org/invent_build/web_multimedia/tools-guidelines

Kal

--

WGBH -- Produced in Boston, shared with the world
Carl and Ruth Shapiro National Center for Accessible Media