Re: ARIA & WCAG 2.0

On 15/03/2010 16:47, LU OGBE wrote:
> Please can anyone suggest where I can find documentation on which of the
> principles of WCAG 2.0, ARIA satisfies?
> I have been through the WCAG 2.0 documents on the w3c website but have
> not been able to find any information that links ARIA solutions to the
> success criteria of WCAG 2.0.

It's not so much "which principles of WCAG 2.0 ARIA satisfies", but
rather "how can you use ARIA to satisfy the Success Criteria". Have a
look at the (non-normative) Techniques document
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/ (or
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/complete.html for the single-file
version), there are a few ARIA techniques already mentioned there. Note
that this TECHS document is dated 11 Dec 2008, so there may be quite a
few new things you can do with ARIA. Also, as with any technology, you
need to decide for yourself if you feel that ARIA is sufficiently
"accessibility supported" for your particular audience/environment/use
http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/conformance.html#uc-support-level-head

Patrick H. Lauke