Re: SV: Color coding

From: Colin Lieberman <colinl@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 06:52:17 -0800
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
CC: Ginger Claassen <ginger.claassen@gmx.de>, WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I think this is a very strong suggestion. Using an icon to denote an
external like is a fairly common practice, and even if one is unfamiliar
with the practice, the explanation in the form of alt/tool-tip text is
sufficient.

Using color to differentiate between internal and external links feels
like a usability mine field to me because it's not commonly done; I
think it would be very confusing to your readers.

My $0.02.

Colin