Re: SV: Color coding

Hello again.

Morten wrote:

 > Most screen readers do announce if links are local, so at least
somebody think
 > this is "important" information.

I think that this type of "local" links (links to the same page) are not
the point here. If I understood the question, the difference is between
"links to my site" and "links to other sites", not "to the same web page
where the link is included". Therefore, if the links' behaviour is the
same (opening in the same browser window), the visual differenciation is
"additional information", and not "main information required to
understand the content".

Harry wote:

 > Over the years i have become more and more of a fan of tiny little images
 > (aka icons) to indicate all kinds of peripheral information on a
page. They
 > are visually accessible and can be tailored with suitable alt
descriptions (or
 > none if more relevant)

This is not as easy as it sounds. When using little icons with alt/title
texts, we tend to forget that there is people with low vision or motor
disabilities that will not use a screen reader (so they will not access
the alt text), nor will use a mouse (so they will not access the title
text). Thus, the icon will be the only clue to guess how the link will work.

Regards,
Ramón.